Dear Bret,
It is nigh impossible to comprehend the fact that it has been nearly a year and a half to the day that you’ve been in Heaven, and we now have two grandsons, whom you’ve never met. It still seems to me that you will be coming home from work for dinner soon, or that you’ve taken a very long vacation; sometimes my heart even skips a beat when I hear the phone, and I just know it is you.
Anyway, I used to get frustrated with you about procrastinating, and now, look at me! Nearly two months after Caius Ray Ash was born, I am just finishing up this article for his birth announcement. I just don’t function on all pistons without you! So this week in the T-Town newspaper, I am once and for all making it official!
So here goes. Caius Ray Ash was born to Kevin and Deanna Ash on May 8, 2013, at 15:53 P.M., after a solid day and a half of waiting inside San Joaquin Hospital in Bakersfield, California (I still think I should get to blame his dawdling on you!) . He was a very big boy, weighing in at 8.97 pounds and measuring 20 inches long. I think God finally gave me my blue-eyed baby, but I have to admit that he looks just like Kevin, only with your eyes! As far as his size goes, he may also be getting his height from you, since he isn’t even fitting into newborn or infant clothes anymore.
On that day, our Savior gave me two precious gifts that I have to tell you about, Babe. They had to be the most amazing and poignant moments that I have encountered, since before you left me behind on this
earth. The first was when Ashley brought Evin to visit just a couple of hours before his cousin was born. As soon as she set foot into the hospital room, and Evin made eye contact with me, he threw his arms out towards me to hold him. The second was another, “Be still my heart,” as I breathlessly watched the unqualified miracle of our daughter giving birth to our second beautiful grandson. To behold the divergence on her face of horrific pain, and then minutes later, utter joy, as the doctor handed Caius to her and Kevin, it was reminiscent of God’s unconditional love towards us, that in our absolute hurt and despair, He can turn it completely around into something so grandly, overwhelmingly beautiful that it takes our breath away and places us in awe of His unconditional love and salvation.
I used to worry that you would not get to be a part of these significant moments in our lives until your son so wisely imparted a Troneism (What has now become known as Trone’s wisdom.) at me. He said something like, “Mommy, even if Fasha cannot see us still here on earth, do you think that Jesus isn’t standing there beside him describing to him the unfolding events in our lives? And don’t you think that Jesus’ story about us would far surpass in wonder and detail what he himself would be seeing if Daddy could look down upon us? Enough said, except of course, BABE, I LOVE YOU!
Forever yours,
Denise
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment